Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Have a holly jolly Christmas......................December 22, 2014

HEY HEY HEY fam and friends! How is everyone? Is everyone excited for Christmas? I know I sure am! 

So this week has been SO crazy. Seriously the busiest ever! But with some seriously amazing experiences! 

So let`s start with Tuesday. This weekened, we had some big Christmas firesides in two parts of Colonia, and we had to practice for them. So on Tuesday we had district meeting and practice in Nueva Helvecia (one of the places where we did the fireside). It`s about an hour away by bus from centro. So the ZL`s had given us 10 missionaries that are in those 3 branches a certain time for our bus that was leaving, but it turned out it was actually the wrong time and the next bus didn`t leave for another two hours. Which meant not getting back into our area until like, 6. Which we were all pretty bummed about. But THEN me, my companion, and Hna Wiscombe and Hna Nielson from the area next to us went to the back of the bus, speaking in english. This woman in front of me and my comp asked us a question in english. We responded, and then the 4 of us spent 5 minutes trying to figure out what language it was that she continued to speak in after with the man sitting next to her. Until we decided to ask. Turns out they were both from Sao Paolo Brazil, the  but had never met until that day, both spoke english and were both backpacking through Uruguay. So we had the most AMAZING chat with them about both He is the Gift, and then prayer, because we invited them to watch the video and then to pray about it after, and the guy said "well how do i pray?" Boo ya!First lesson in ENGLISH, taught between the four of us. We talked the entire hour, and then helped them get maps in the terminal. The woman said "I have never been to a Mormon church, but I know where it is where I live and I think I`d like to try it out when I go home." And then the guy said "I never talked to the Mormons because I always just thought they were strange. But now after talking to you guys, I think I will look for the other people with black name tags." SO AMAZING. And totally the hand of God making sure we missed the first bus so that we could meet the two of them and plant that sad. We got their phone numbers too and will be passing the reference to the church. I just love those moments! 

Wednesday and Thursday, we were in MONTEVIDEO!!! We had interviews on Wednesday, and did the temple on Thursday. We also had some really cool lessons on Wednesday from President and his assistants, and mostly I just have to say that A. President Smith is absolutely amazing and B. I have a whole new perspective on fasting and personal covenants. Not just temple covenants, but PERSONAL ones. in the temple on Thursday, we all brought family names and did the four ordinances of baptism, confirmation, initiatory, and endowment for a member of our family. Mine was for my great great great grandma, which was really cool and I felt her close. President Smith baptized all of the Hermanas, and the cool part was that the Elders all went into the font with their companions and one baptized the other and then they switched...kind of like how Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdry first did it. That was really cool to see. It was seriously AMAZING, with so much revelation received and my mind just completely opened. It was two days of a completely spiritual high that went by way too fast! Also, Hermana Smith is literally an angel. The four of us hermanas hung out in their house with her on Wednesday night and she is just incredible. I love them! 

Friday was also traveling to go to rehearsals. Saturday and Sunday were also traveling because the day finally came that we had the firesides! On Saturday in Carmelo and Sunday in Nueva Helvecia. It`s really something I can`t describe, with the power of the music of all of us missionaries as a choir singing praises to our Father for His Son, the uplifting videos, and inspiring messages from recent converts and returning members, It was another indescribable Spirit. All the kind of Spirit that has left us all changed and......tired. Very, very tired. Haha but the good kind! 

I seriously love you all so much and I hope you can have the best Christmas ever, completely focused on the Savior and the amazing gift that He truly is, given to us by a Father who loves us infinitely! Let us focus on them and what we have and knowing that they live, and this Christmas will be the most special of all. I know They live and They love us. I know that baby born so many years ago grew, taught, healed, blessed, forgave, bled, died.....and lived again. And He is the reason. He is the Gift. 


I love you, i love you, I love you! 


Hermana Dolan 

No comments:

Post a Comment