Thursday, January 15, 2015

My companion is now terminal...............January 13, 2015

Hey guys....so my companion is now terminal. They say she doesn`t have a lot of time left. Her heart rate is going down, she is tired ALL the time, and she can`t even eat on her own anymore. Please pray for her. 

That`s right you guys....Hna Nielson is leaving on THURSDAY to go HOME. SHE`S DYING. We`re going to Montevideo together tomorrow and from there we`ll part ways for me to go to Tacuarembo and her the mission home. She really is tired all the time..like most missionaries... haha we kind of are like old ladies as we talk of our aching feet and backs. 

It was basically the best 10 days of our lives rocking it in El Real here in Colonia together. They will be closing her area too, so we were saying goodbye to everybody and making sure everything is prepared for the Elders who will be coming. 

On Thursday and Friday, we went to this place called San Pedro. It`s about half an hour away from the city and it is a WHOLE lot of.....nothing. Haha farmland farmland farmland. But the people that are there are sooo nice! They invited us in to sit down without us even asking and offered us juice....coming from Colonia, we were pretty amazed. We walked more than i have ever walked in my whole mission. Seriously. And we had some ROCKING adventures and i can`t tell you how much we laughed. It was the perfect way for her to finish off her mission and for the two of us to finish off time in our special Colonia. We are both in the same boat because we both opened our areas in Colonia and were there when they got closed again, so colonia is a special place for both of us. We had a conference with President Smith on Saturday and we both said "President, best week ever, WHY weren`t we companions before?!" And he just laughed and was like "Just be grateful you did get to be for a week! And I honestly think the two of you did more in a week than some companionships get done in 6." Wow! Inspired companionship or what! 

Speaking of, we did have a special conference with President because EVERYTHING IN THE MISSION HAS CHANGED. and not just ours, but in the WHOLE world. Seriously, anything you have ever known......throw that out the window. It`s gone. They`re making new Preach My Gospels. Key indicators have changed. The missionary purpose hasn`t changed, but the FOCUS in that purpose has. It`s a lot for me to try to explain, so, do as Elder Nelson counsels, and if you want to know what those changes are....."Ask the missionaries, they can help you!" But seriously ask the missionaries in your ward because I only have an hour and a half in the cyber. 

One of the people we met in San Pedro was a girl named Luz. She is 16 and has a one month old PRECIOUS little girl. We taught her a watered down first lesson on her front porch, as I almost started crying as I looked at the way she looked at her little girl. It was just the tiniest glimpse of the love the Lord has for us. I could see in that baby the divine potential which resides in every single one of us. Everything became real clear for just a moment and any trials and problems i have or have had suddenly became very small, and in those moments an amazing peace just washes through me, and I know that God loves us and is aware of us. And all you can do is smile and just feel so good :)

These days were the kind where we both came home sunburned (we`re probably the whitest companionship in the mission), backs sore from not sitting down all day, feet sore from walking ACRES of farmland just to find a house.... and we came home with big, tired smiles on our faces, because we were doing the Lord`s work and it`s the most worthwhile tired a person can feel. And I just thought "Man, I`m so happy." 

I love Colonia forever and always. Eternal frienships were made here and here, I found my family. My greatest trials were passed here, but also my most cherished joys. I am SO excited for Tacuarembo and for what the Lord has in store for me there! He`s definitely been running me around everywhere, but in doing so He has taught me how to throw my hands in the air, and give it all to Him. So it`s time to do that this one last time before I complete my purpose here in Uruguay! 

I love you, I love you, I love you! 

Hermana Dolan 



No comments:

Post a Comment