Tuesday, December 16, 2014

"it`s beginng to look a lot like CHRIST-mas"............December 15, 2014

Hello, my dearest familia y amigos. How the heck are ya? I sure hope you`re doing well. Today for PDay, we made french fries and oreo milkshakes. A lot of oil, a lot of fat, a lot of sugar...it made us gringos feel very at home :) 

So the biggest thing I have to report is JAZMÍN. I am pretty sure the last time I was in Colonia, i talked about Veronica. She`s a less active woman we were always working with. She`s Mary (my Uruguayan mom`s) daughter, and Carolina`s best friend....it was through her that we met Carolina. Anywho, her husband is currently working as a policeman in Guatemala. And they have two daughters: Jazmìn, who`s 10, and Mia, who`s 4. Jazmín was never baptized and never wanted to. The 4 of us missionaries tried so hard to catch her interest, but it just never happened! She is a little girl with a lot of fire, and a very determined character. When she wants something, she WANTS it, and when she doesn`t, she absolutely doesn`t haha. So we figured it was just a matter of patience, and mostly worked with her mom. 

Well, Presidente Figares called last week, saying that Veronica had just called him telling him that Jazmìn has decided that she wants to be baptized. She just up and decided it. UMMM WHAT. And they wanted to do it soon, because next week they`re all going to go up to Guatemala for 2 months to be with the dad. It almost wasn`t going to be able to happen, because of some rules with baptizing kids, so on Monday we had told them they were going to have to wait until after they got back. So they were kind of bummed, and I was too because I really wanted to be able to see this great little girl get baptized. But THEN, Pres. Smith called and gave the go ahead. So they were stoked! 

So, because of miracles and tender mercies of the Lord, on Saturday, Jazmín Casaravilla was baptized! 

While were in the bathroom before the baptism, she looked at me and said "Hermana Dolan, God obviously wanted you to see me get baptized. I`m glad He did." I wanted to cry tears of joy. I`m pretty darn glad he did too. It was such a beautiful baptism! So simple, but beautiful. Carolina was there. Mary was there, so I got to see her again! Veronica thanked me in her testimony at the baptism, but I really don`t feel like I did anything. Which is pretty much how I always feel. And it`s because it`s so true! The Lord does E V E R Y T H I N G. He just does it through us! 

They leave on Wednesday for Guatemala and won`t be back until the beginning of March, just after I go home. :( But I love this family so much, and I`m so grateful that the Lord sent me back to be able to see sweet, spunky little Jazmín take her first steps toward his kingdom! 

It really actually doesn`t look much like Christmas here. No decorations, no snow, no christmas music. But it`s looking and FEELING a like CHRIST-mas, as we share the gift of Christ with others, and as the Lord through experiences has taught me how to force myself to my knees and look for Christ, and he`s showing me amazing things that I never thought I`d see or feel. He is Christmas, and I love Him so much. 

And I also love you, I love you, I love you! 

Merry Christmas, 

Hermana Dolan 


P.S. forgot my camera cord again haha sorry....pictures next week I promise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment