Tuesday, January 6, 2015

AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR...............December 29, 2014

Hey fam and friends! How was your Christmas? I hope it was awesome, like mine was. Second Christmas in the mish. Man, it was sweet. We spent Christmas Eve at the familia Aquino`s house (same place I spent New Year`s last year), and Hnas Nielson and Wiscombe stayed the night with us because a taxi was going to be too expensive to take back to their area. So, the four of us spent it in the Figares sweet house because they were out of town and wanted someone to be there to watch the house. Don`t mind if we do! The fireworks weren`t as crazy this year because the Figares house is more where all of the stores and restaurants are and those were all closed at midnight. But, we sat on their balcony and played Christmas music and listened to the fireworks going off in the surrounding neighborhoods. It was cool to be in our own little bubble. 

The days before, we contacted a lot and were able to share He is the Gift with a lot of different people. Most didn`t actually accept having the missionaries visit them, but what was important was getting to testify of the love of God for giving us His Son, and the love of Christ for everything He did for us. He really is the gift! 

On Christmas Day, 8 of us missionaries didn`t have any lunch appointments, so we got together in the church and made canelones and invited a couple of jovenes and Brian and Angela. It was pretty great! 

And of course there was Skype with the fam! My family`s kind of the best. People who heard parts of our conversation said "wow, you guys are pretty funny." Yeah, we are ;) 

It was a pretty life changing week, but just in a way that I can`t really describe. Just being filled with the love of God and Jesus Christ, and sharing it with others, even if they didn`t want to accept it. The year 2014 is very quickly coming to an end! It`s been a wild year. 2014 is a year I will always remember with a smile: the only full year I spent in Uruguay. So much growth, so much laughter, so many tears, so many lessons learned....so. much. joy! Last year, I had said that I had chosen a word that was going to be my focus for the year: LIGHT. I have felt that light in my life, i have seen it turn on in others as they listen to the message of hope, and I have felt my own light grow through the examples of these amazing Uruguayos and the experiences the Lord has thrown my way. 

Here`s to 2014, and a great 2015 to follow! 

I love you, I love you, i love you! 


Hermana Dolan 

No comments:

Post a Comment