Monday, March 25, 2013

EXTRA! EXTRA! The Papes Are IN!

I had my interview with the stake president yesterday. By the way, President Simmons is kind of the bomb. I am expecting a general authority position in his future. He is simply the greatest.

Like seriously, he's the kind of stake president who stood at the stand during our first stake conference last semester, and gave about a thousand college students his cell phone number along with the invitation to shoot him a text. Um, what? So cool.

The interview went really great. It was more a conversation than an interview, where he asked me about things I did in high school and we talked about some scriptures and the importance of the temple. He also said a lot of really kind, flattering things to me that I didn't feel nearly adequate enough to be on the receiving end of.

He said he'd try to get my papers in that day, and that night my mom got an email from the bishop of my home ward confirming that they had gone in. Hopefully, ten days from now I'll be receiving my call in the mail and two days after that I'll be reading the life changing letter that will inform me where I have been called to serve for eighteen months.

THEY'RE IN THEY'RE IN THEY'RE IN!!!!!!!!!! :)

Apologies in advance to anyone who has to deal with me and all of my pent of energy and anxiousness in the next two weeks. Just tell me to think about dead puppies or something. That should sober me up real quick....;)

P.S. Can you tell I'm excited from this picture? Probably not.....

No comments:

Post a Comment