Monday, March 23, 2015

It All Ends Here.............Last Email March 23, 2015 Returns home with Honor on March 31, 2015 after 19 Months!

.....like Harry Potter. 

I know, I`m sorry, I had to. 

First thing is first, I`ll be in next Tuesday in Salt Lake around 12:30. I am flying into terminal ONE, so don`t think it`ll be the terminal with the famous escalator...it`s the one with the hallway. Haha just so you know. 

This last week was a great one! We had Leadership Counsel Meeting in Montevideo with all of the zone leaders and hermana training leaders in Montevideo with Presidnet Smith. We focused mostly on learning more about the Gathering of the House of Isreal. President Smith wants us all to become EXPERTS, to help members to think about it ALL THE TIME, because we ALL take part in it. We are the people of the covenant, and we`ve got work to do! It was great. I couldn`t help but feel a mix of emotions as I sat there for the last time with this group of missionaries. All of us have around the same amount of time in the mission. We`ve all been in it together from the beginning. We`ve been in it since 2013, when Uruguay changed with HOY ES EL DIA (today is the day), to 2014, when we lengthened our stride by following the prophet`s cry for missionaries and members to unite in AHORA ES EL MOMENTO (now is the moment), to now, 2015, as we live the parable of Doctrine and Covenants 101, and we build the towers, and listen to the LORD`S cry to ID INMEDIATAMENTE (go immediately) to save His vineyard, because it is His, and He bought it with His blood. I said not goodbye but my "see ya laters" to a lot of them, including Hermana Paris who was there. 

We had divisions with Hna Trendler and Hna Petty in their area, Barrio 5! It was Hna Trendler`s Hump Day (9 months), so we ate a cake, bought some pizza at the end of the night, and burned a sock haha. Some great sisters who have taught me so much! 

Rene is still set for his baptism on Saturday! It`s going to be awesome. He is a mission miracle, and progressing more and more every day. 

I love this mission. I love Uruguay. I cannot imagine my life without it. I cannot imagine how my life would have been had I not come. I stand all amazed EVERY DAY at how much the Lord loves me and has blessed me. As if He hadn`t blessed me enough in my life, with an amazing family, in an amazing place, with amazing friends, with his AMAZING Gosepl, And then, He prepared me through varous experiences so that when the time came in 2012 that He called me, I would be humble and ready enough to accept the call to serve. Imperfect, loca, little me. He called ME, and permitted me to come to this beautiful country with these beautiful people, to come to TRULy understand this beautiful Gospel, and come to TRULy know the beautiful Atonement of our amazing Savior. In my quest to "save souls", the Lord taught me how to save mine. He taught me how to change. My heart is so full. 19 months. The best thus far. This really is the best mission in the world, no question. I gave it all I had, and I have one more week to do some more, and I leave the rest in the hands of the Lord. 

I love Him. I know He lives. I know my Savior lives, and loves us. I know He suffered for us, died for us, and three days later, I know that He rose from the dead with "healing in his wings" to bring salvation to all who would hear Him. I know Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ. I know it, I feel it, I know it as if I was there. I know that through him They restored Their Gospel to the earth. I know that it IS the way to happiness in this life, and the next. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know of its power to change. I know, more than anything, that the Atonement is real. That my Best Friend saw my face, and suffered my pains and my sins so that I can return to Him. I know that HOY ES EL DIA in which the Lord is hastening His work. I know that this work is true, and beautiful, and real. I love Uruguay, and its people, and its mate, and its gauchos, and its horses, and these crazy, stubborn, easily offended, loving, giving, selfless, FAITHFUL, loyal, affectionate, AMAZING Uruguayans. 

My heart is really confused, but mostly so, so happy. I love this work, I love this Gospel, I love this country, I love my Savior, 

but also, 

I love you, I love you, I love you all. Thanks for everything. 

see you next week! 

Hermana Dolan 


No comments:

Post a Comment