Monday, January 26, 2015

Bad news......January 26, 2015

Haha bad news for YOU GUYS! No just kidding, it`s great news, it really is. 

So some people know that for the past little while I have been considering extending. I know, i`ve kept you guys in some serious suspense (parents) and i`m sorry! But the verdict is out....

I`m extending! I talked with President this week and it`s really what i feel like i need to do. So, I will officially be leaving the mission on March 30. (sorry i`ll just barely miss your birthdays kenz and gram. it`s close enough). So I`ll be home on the 31. So ya`ll are gonna have to wait just one month more! It`s okay, you can do hard things! :)

We had a rockin week this week, and it all came from working with the members and striving extra hard to follow the new direction we`ve been getting from President Smith and our church leaders. 

So Gabriela has really had a hard time to get over drinking, mostly because she keeps having really negative thoughts that get her down and make her go to it as a sort of therapy. We asked her if she had ever gotten a blessing before and she said no. so on Wednesday, we went with Hno Perez, the Elders Quorum Pres, so that he could give her a blessing. And this blessing, was b e a u t i f u l. And all I can do is testify that the priesthood is real and I am so thankful for worthy men to have this amazing power of God. He didn`t even know that much about Gabriela and yet he said things in the blessing that EXACTLY applied to things she had told us. The blessing just kept going and going, and we just kept listening and listening, and the Spirit was there and we could feel the power of God strengthening Gabriela and His infinite love for her as His daughter. Since then, she`s been doing a lot better. We`ve gone this week with hermana perez as well and she is just a cup of sunshine and took Gabriela in and always makes sure she saves a seat next to her in sacrament for when gabriela walks in late. I love these members! 

We have another investigator named Rene who is an older man who lives with his daughter. He was sort of listening to the missionaries but not fully attentive, but was at least reading the Book of Mormon to "compare" it to the Bible. This week we made it a goal not to visit him unless we had a member with us, and it made all the difference! The members were able to answer questions he had in a way that he could understand. We focused a lot on the Plan of Salvation and he just kept saying "this makes a lot of sense." By the end of the last lesson we had, he agreed to pray about baptism and said "all the members you have brought have talked about how happy they are because of the Gospel. And I figure, who wouldn`t want to be that happy?" He`s right! We felt totally edified by the help we got from the members this week, and they were edified, and the people we taught were edified. Everyone just got a spiritual powerboost! The power of the members is real. It is all in your hands! 

Funny story: last night about ten minutes before bedtime, I walked out to go to the bathroom and there was a TARANTULA in the kitchen, blocking my way as if it just knew i needed to brush my teeth. I screamed and Hna Gruden came and she was like "I`m not killing it!" and I was like "I`m not killing it!" (normally i`ve managed to pressure my companions into killing the big bugs, but it turns out Hna Gruden is just as stubborn as i am in that department). So, what did we do? We called our Uruguayan mom, Maria, who lives a few houses away! We called her and said "Mamà, come kill a HUGE spider or it`s going to kill us!" and she just laughed...and then laughed some more when she got there to kill it and to her it was completely tiny. It was big you guys, I promise. And disgusting and awful. But my point is, you can rest assured knowing that we have peeps willing to come over at almost 11 at night to kill a spider. In other words, we are well taken care of :)

We are currently in Montevideo today because Hna Gruden had to sign papers to be legal here. Perk of being the second companion is this is the third time! Woop! So, we`re going to go find some adventures. Ok? Sweet. I`ll send pictures next week, I promise! 

The people are great, the work rolls on, and the Gospel is true. 

I love you, I love you, I love you! I`ll see you in TWO months! :)

Hermana Dolan 



No comments:

Post a Comment