Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Deja Vu is becoming too common..............December 8, 2014

Hey friends! 

So, I am writing from the exact same computer that I wrote from my VERY first day in Colonia, just a couple weeks shy of a year ago. Just like with Rivera, it`s so weird to go back to places and see how different things are. And how different I am. But I love it! 

Leaving Rivera was rough....obviously. But I am so grateful for my time there and I was happy to at least be coming to a familiar place! 

So, I am with Hermana Colwell from Montana! She`s got about 9 months on the mission. She is super sweet. It is kind of weird to have a gringa companion again. Haha I had gotten so used to Latinas and zero english. But I`m slowly discovering that my english has deteriorated a little bit. So, sorry about that....debate coach. 

As for the deets on Colonia! Well, as far as familiar faces and names....starting with BRIAN AND ANGELA, my favorite people! I have got to say, it is so fun to be able to see how much they`ve progressed after 6 months of not being here. Which is a LOT. Like, I`m just filled with pride every time Brian`s talking about the Gospel. They`re amazing. 

Note** After I left Colonia the last time, Brian discovered the blog my mom keeps up to date and follows it now since he understands English. So....hey, Brian. Go read your scriptures. :)

I saw Mary, my Uruguayan Mamà, this week. It was such a surprise! She lives in Montevideo now but she was there visiting Veronica. It was so good to see her! Also, saw Carolina! Man, I love these people. 

The typical weekly dinner with the Uruguayan grandparents, Miguel and Maria, continue! Haha I LOOOOVE THEM. And Maria, who has been an eternal investigator for FOREVER, is like...actually progressing. But really. The last Hermana who was here, Hermana Berlin, started her mission here and ended it here. So even though we have never been in the same zone at the same time, we have our Colonia-Rivera connection (she was in Rivera for six months as well). I saw her in the terminal because she was finishing her mission, and she told me "Hermana, Maria, you gotta go for it!" So we`ll see how that goes! 

As for investigators, we`re in Colonia, so that`s always a work in progress to find haha. But we`ve got a couple, and I`ll let you know how things go when they progress more! But keep us in your prayers to be able to find more! 

I`m excited to be here again. The branch is struggling a little bit, but instead of ever getting discouraged I just remind myself where it was at when we had first gotten here last January and how a LOT of faith and prayers and trust in the Lord worked some really mighty miracles and this place flew! So that`s the secret formula! 

Alright where not much more to report! December is flying by already. I can`t believe it. Enjoy the holiday season, and the snow! 

I love you, I love you, I love you! 

Hermana Dolan 


No comments:

Post a Comment