Thursday, December 4, 2014

He is the Gift...........December 2, 2014

Wellllll heeeeeyyyyyyy you guys! How was your week? How was THANKSGIVING?! Mine was great! We went with the Elders to Burger King. Elder Neilson`s comp is also from Guatemala. Luckily, our Guatemaltecos were willing to appease their gingo companions and agreed to go. Nothing like a burger and a chocolate shake to celebrate the American eating holiday. HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I^m thankful for all of you! 

My week was....weird. Crazy. Wanna know why? Let`s talk about transfers. 

So my converts in Colonia are going through a rough patch, so on Tuesday I called President for permission to give them a call because they said they wanted to talk to me and Hna Zumeta. So President goes "well, do you want to know your changes?" And I was like HECK YEAH. And he said "You`re going back to Colonia Centro." 

I`m going back to Colonia Centro. 

WHATTTTT! 

I just have to say that President is absolutely without a doubt called of God. He said "you know, obviously without even knowing about what`s going on with your converts, I just felt like you needed to go back." Wow. Amazing. So he made me keep it a secret until Sunday and let me call them to tell them I`d be coming. I know that the Lord has more purpose for me there and I`m excited to go back and see all of my amazing family in Colonia. My mission has basically been Rivera, and Colonia haha. 

I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for having sent me here to Rivera. It is seriously so special. This ward, is so special. We had a goodbye Family Home Evening in the Valentti`s house and it was kind of just a bawl fest. I love all of these amazing people here who have taught me so much. They are all seriously my family and I will love them forever. I can`t even believe how much the Lord loves me. I`m grateful for how much I was able to learn from Hna Barrios. She is an incredible missionary and we had a lot of fun together and saw some serious miracles. 

I`m hoping you`ve all heard by now of this new campaign the church is doing for the month of December. It`s called, HE IS THE GIFT. 

In the rush and excitement of the Christmas season, there are a lot of people who forget the true meaning of this special holiday. There are a lot of people who don`t even know what it is: who don`t even know their Savior. Who don`t even know that HE is the first, and most important, gift ever received: given directly by a Father in Heaven who loves us SO much, that He gave us His Son. Just as John 3:16 says: 

16 ¶For God so loved the worldthat he gave his only begottenSonthat whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.


The Lord truly is hastening His work! The Church has a billboard in TIMES SQUARE, where millions will have the opportunity to "discover the Gift" every day. It will have the main page of Youtube all day on December 7, so that everyone who enters that day in youtube, the first thing they will see is a link to the video that will help to discover the gift, embrace the gift.....and most importantly, share the gift.

So I hope this month, you can all do all you can to share the gift with everyone! Here is the link to the website that has a video that I promise will bring you to tears: http://www.mormon.org/christma

 Share the link on Facebook. Ask everyone you know if they`ve heard about "the gift", and if they haven`t, share it with them, so that they can discover it (come to a knowledge of their Savior), embrace it (accept Him into their lives through faith, repentance, baptism, and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost), and then, share it, so that it spreads and spreads and spreads. Because THIS is what Christmas is all about! 

I love my Savior. I love Rivera. I love this work. I love Uruguay. I love my Father who has given me, because He so loved ME, such a precious Gift. 

Happy December and HAPPY HOLIDAYS! 

I love you, I love you, i love you! 

#ShareTheGift

Hermana Dolan 

No comments:

Post a Comment