Monday, September 8, 2014

Surprise!......................September 1, 2014


How is errbody? Errbody good? I hope so. Thanks for all of the support back home. I sure feel your love and it`s what makes everything worth it.

I completed a YEAR this last week. One. Whole. Year. I can`t believe how different today-me is from one-year-ago me. How great is the Lord? I sent a text to Elder Degn from my MTC group who is serving in my zone to tell him happy one year, and he responded "you too Hermana Dolan! Just SIX MONTHS LEFT, you old lady!" Funny Elder. Sooo funny. But really, I`m not going home. So it`s okay. Mwahaha.

Another greeeeattt week! So let`s just get right to the point:
Margot got baptized!!
We went to her right after our PDay ended, and turns out she won`t be moving for awhile. So we gave her fecha right away for Saturday! And somehow, miraculously, only because God is awesome, it all came together and she was baptized on Saturday and received the gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday!
I love seeing the way the Gospel truly changes people, and it`s so fun to watch those changes. Margot is a pretty "rough around the edges" type of person, but even in just the past few weeks we have seen a real change in her. She`s happier, she laughs more. And her 5 year old grandson Angelo who she looks after before was the worst behaved child ever. But now, he sits down and listens to the lessons. He`s always asking to sing a hymn. He knows now to fold his arms and close his eyes for the prayer.  Margot has a heart of gold. How great it was to make it to this day after so much time!
Something beautiful happened at her baptism too when everyone was bearing their testimonies. There`s a 16 year old autistic boy named Nico who got baptized back in February with his mom. He doesn`t really talk much beyond saying the prayer whenever we have lessons with them at their house. But when someone finished bearing their testimony, Nico got up and went to the front. None of us really knew what he was going to say. But with the sweetness of an angel and the power of thunder, he said "Brothers and sisters, I want to testify to you that this church is true, and that`s why I come to church on Sunday with my mom. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen." It was so beautiful. We were all bawling. Such a sweet, simple testimony, truly from the heart of one of the Lord`s purest children.
I don`t know how the Gospel could NOT be true with all of the amazing miracles that happen here every day. Good thing it is the truest thing there ever was.
This change has FLOWN! I can`t believe it, next week are already changes.So I`ll be online on Tuesday, not Monday. The church is true and I love you!.....I love you, I love you!

Hermana Dolan 

No comments:

Post a Comment