Monday, September 29, 2014

kicked in the chest, hand in the gate, bit in the ankle....................September 29, 2014 Rivera, Uruguay

Heyyy you guys! I hope everybody has had a great week! 

In case you are wondering about my caption, haha what a week it has been folks.

So there`s this little boy named Gael who`s 3. I`ve gotta say he`s probably the closest thing to a little brother I`ve got here. Haha he reminds me a lot of Jackson. He just says the funniest things. Well, Gael cries over alllmost everything. So we were playing soccer with the little kids, and I wasn`t on Gael`s team, but he was telling me to pass him the ball. So when I didn`t, he came over and hit me. So I very gently grabbed him and told him not to do that. And he hit me again. So I told him one more time, and he just gave me a good kick in the chest. Haha ANOTHER mission first. So funny though, I took him to his dad to tell him, and Daniel jokingly goes "Gael, violence is not the answer! Now wait until we go home and I can wrap you up in duct tape." Haha what? People kill me. 

I got bit in the ankle by the dog of a house we contacted. That`s pretty typical missionary life here in Uruguay. 

Annnnd last but not least, I was trying to help open the big iron gate in front of our church that slides open. A member was on the other side, and she slid the gate without noticing that my hand was RIGHT smack dab in between the big iron gate and the brick wall. Yeah man. She felt SUPER bad. But calm down you guys (mom), I got to finally use the skills I learned at Girl`s Camp and I put myself a beautiful ace bandage. And that`s the Lord`s work. Pictures to come. 

Soooo we had a really good lesson with Norma last week, where she accepted a baptismal date. But then when we went back Norma wasn`t there, but Maribel was, and said that Norma says she needs more time and feels like she needs to learn more. Well, my sister-in-law who just went through the temple and got sealed to my brother is my living proof of never giving up on anybody, and not pressuring them either. So we`ll be right here to keep guiding Norma and helping her to make the decision that will lead her to eternal happiness with her daughter. So keep her in your prayers! 

I finished the Book of Mormon this week! My first time in Spanish. It`s so cool how the Gospel is so 100% true in every language. Read the Book of Mormon every day! I`ll be honest, I didn`t before my mission. But it is here where I have gained a living testimony of this amazing miraculous book that brings so much joy and peace and counsel and truly changes lives. And I am never going back! 

Honestly, other than that, not a super eventful week! Good things in every day, as always. It`s a week that before might have gotten me down, but I`ve learned that as long as we`re being obedient, seeking the Lord, and loving the people, we`re doing our job. I intend on going home with for sure one convert and that`ll be me. And I`ve still got loads of time--the rest of my mission and the rest of my life--to keep the conversion rolling. 

I love you, I love you, I love you all! Have a great week! 

Hermana Dolan 


No comments:

Post a Comment