Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Hold on boys and girls, yours truly is going into labor! September 9, 2014

Heeeeeey kids! Soooo there are changes this week. The ZLs had said that everybody would be getting their changes on Sunday after church, but then when some people started to get their calls early, we started to get pretty ansy. I went to bed all hyper. And then five minutes after lights out, the phone rings and I look and it`s President. Ahhhh man. Well, he didn`t waste any time. Right after answering the phone, he says "well Hermana Dolan, you`re going to train this change."
I`M GONNA BE A "MOM"!!!!!
Rock. And. ROLL. This was seriously such a surprise; Pres. had told me before that I probably wasn`t going to train yet. You guys, think about it....I am training my daughter around the same time of year that I was trained, in the EXACT same zone. Crazy! I am SO stoked! I leave for Montevideo tonight to go meet her and pick her up, so I`ll have details next year on who it is! Gringa or Latina¿ Vamos a ver!
There are also some crazy things happening in the mission. The zones are starting to get so big, that President is splitting THREE of them in half. Rivera, Colonia, and a zone in Montevideo are all splitting because they have more than 30 missionaries. The Lord is hastening his work!
So this was an AWESOME week! The best miracle happened last Wednesday. We were going to contact a reference when we realized it was just barely past the limit of our area. But there was a woman outside her house, so we decided to go talk to her for a little while. She wasn`t really very interested, but she was nice. So as we started to walk away, a woman from the other side of the street whistled to us and called us over and said "come in." Um, DON`T MIND IF WE DO. So we met her and her husband, and they told us that she`s been a member for foreeeever but inactive for years, and years ago when they lived in Montevideo her husband was all set to get baptized but then they had to move to Rivera and they just stopped going to church. They even went to another church for awhile, but knew there that it just wasn`t the true church. And her husband wants to get baptized!! And they want to be an eternal family! They are seriously a miracle. We asked her how she knew we were across the street to come outside and call us over, and she looked at me and said "I heard you talking and noticed your gringo accent and thought it just had to be the missionaries. We`ve been waiting for you." My gringo accent came in handy! Haha. Alberto is a policeman in Montevideo and so he comes and goes so that complicates things a little bit, but either way he retires at the end of the year! So pray for them!

Thursday we had divisions! And guess who was my companion for a day. Hermana ZUMETA. We were comps again, and it was so great! Our flow is still totally there. We had a really good afternoon togther, including teaching the Restoration to Diomar and Alberto and seeing their eyes just glow as they heard the truth again. Man oh man, I love this Gospel.
I am so excited to train here! Rivera is the promised land. I can`t even believe how blessed I feel every time I come home every day. Time is flying! Another change came and went! Man oh man.
The church is true and I love you! I love you, I love you!

Hermana Dolan 

No comments:

Post a Comment