Friday, September 19, 2014

Single Mom.............September 15, 2014

Hey hey hey, kiddos! 

So since I`m a "mom" now, in the mission we say that the companion that came right before the trainee is the dad. (in the case of elderes, the trainer is the dad and the previous companion is the mom.) In other words....Hermana Barrios is the dad. And she went to Cerro in Montevideo, leaving me alone to raise this child all by my lonesome. Unbelievable. Haha we had some good last few days together though! Her last night, we did a ward talent show. It was super last minute and Thursday or Friday the Elders told us about it and told us we had to do an act. But we were like "haaaa we have no talents." But then we thought about it, and thought about it, and said "Heck yes we do: we`re freaking funny." So in the end, we were the "presenters" of the talent show. We dressed up as the ugliest nerds you will ever set your eyes on, the kind that would probably make our families SUPER proud, and in between all the other acts, we told jokes. In the voice of nerds. We were a hit! One little girl in the ward now just starts laughing every time she sees me because she remembers me as the crazy nerd....or at least we can pretend that`s why she laughs. 

Haha okay so I know you`re all wondering. 

My daughter is...... Hermana Leiva! From..... Chile! 

I so called it that it would be a Chilena. I got to go to Montevideo to pick her up. I love the way we do it here: all of us go to Montevideo. The trainers have breakfast and a little bit of training and scripture study with President Smith. Then, they put all the newbies in a line in front of the temple with their backs to the temple, and tell them to close their eyes. Us trainers walk up behind them, sing the first verse of "Called to Serve", and then the APs yell for them to turn around and meet their trainers! Maybe I already explained that when I met Hermana Goode....which by the way, seems like forever ago. 

Hermana Leiva is really great! She is more quiet, but she`s opening up more every day and I know she will as she meets more people and starts to get the hand of things. She is really sweet and has a got a lot of desire to be obedient and work hard. We`re going to have fun and learn a lot together! 

This time around at the temple was one of the best! At the end of the session in the Celestial Room, I took advantage of having President Smith right there and asked him a bunch of questions. So many things are so much clearer now! All I have to say is I L O V E the temple and I know my Savior lives. I seriously want with all my heart for everyone everyone EVERYONE to be able to go to the temple. It`s the purest peace we will find in this life, and the surest way to eternal happiness in the life to come! 

So we`ve got some good potential investigators. The surest one is Norma, the mom of Maribel the one who cut my hair when I first got here. Norma has come the past 4 Sundays and went to the ward talent show last week! She is progressing super well. It`s amazing. The Lord really does prepare the hearts of his children in His time; Maribel has been a member for a LONG time and her mom has always lived with her, and yet Norma never really listened to the missionaries before! Please please please pray for Norma, we are planning for the next few weeks for her baptism. 

There`s also Bruno and Nancy. Like most young couples in Uruguay....they`re not married. But unlike most young couples.....they want to get married. Bruno is the son of a family here in our ward and he has been struggling with some things. But Nancy is a rock and they both made it to church on Sunday. 

We`ve got some good potentials and during weekly planning we made plans to visit a bunch of people who we found in the area book....we could use your prayers :)

I love you, I love you, I love you! 


Hermana Dolan 

No comments:

Post a Comment