Friday, June 27, 2014

"contigo me voy de Paris"................June 24, 2014

That`s a song in Spanish....but it`s cool. 

So, you guys, HERMANA PARIS HAS ARRIVED. 

And I am pretty sure this is the most inspired companionship in the history of companionships. We just have way too much fun rockin` the streets of Artigas. 
She came on Wednesday night so we`ve only been together for a few days....we love each other. Let`s hope we can be together two changes! I don`t want to leave Artigas. 2 changes isn`t enough, especially when time flies faster and faster :( 

Because we were both waiting for our companions, Hermana Baca and I did divisions in her area on Wednesday. We found one lady who we didn`t think was a member but turns out she`s just super inactive and we think probably has alzheimers. She started talking to us about how she just always feels so sad and lonely because she is so poor and sometimes doesn`t have anything to eat, and she just started crying. We talked to her about prayer and about how her Padre Celestial is always with her. She said a really powerful prayer afterwards asking him for help. She told us thank you and asked that we don`t stop coming. Her name was Valentina. I am seriously so blessed, and seeing people like this with so little and yet with so much faith in the love God has for them is so humbling. 

So Hermana Paris and I are working really hard to contact, just to set aside time to contact, because we need to find more people. Our area is SUPER small and most have already been contacted, but the Lord prayers hearts where ever you go. We have a lot to work with with our current investigators as well as our menos activos, but it gives us more to do :) Also PLEASE pray for Nelson! We passed by his house a gazillion times all last week and he wasn`t home and then we found out from his neighbor that he`s in the hospital. Please keep him in your prayers!

 But despite all that, this week has been great! I`ve learned more than anything in the mission, that every day is simply to be enjoyed. Even when you wake up knowing you`re going to be contacting, knowing no members are going to go out with you, knowing that appointments are going to fall through, knowing that nobody is going to want to listen to you,  if you can love God, love the people, love your companion, and love yourself, AND love to laugh....every day is super enjoyable. Hermana Paris and I are going to enjoy the crap out of this change and I know we`re going to see some serious miracles! 

P.S. URUGUAY BEAT ENGLAND LAST WEEK. Maybe it would be bad for me to say to pray for them to beat Italy tomorrow....so I WON`T say for you to pray for them to beat Italy tomorrow so that they make it to the next round....I WON`T say it...

P.S. In Gabriela`s house where we were watching the game, they have this little dog named Dandy who is no longer so dandy. When Uruguay scored their second goal and we all jumped up and down and screamed, little bugger came up and beat me, right underneath the kneecap! And Hermana Paris got it all on camera, no worries. Haha ah man. P.S. We love Gabriela, so stinking much. We want to just be with her all the time haha. She is amazing. Fantastic. She brightens my day. She is the light of my life. Okay anyway. 

I love this work, and I love the Lord! I know this church is true! I love you, I love you, I love you! 

Hermana Dolan 

So anywho, chau for now, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment