Monday, June 9, 2014

"bueller, bueller....." June 9, 2014

My subject line this week is because all that came to my mind while thinking of a subject line just now was silence. So I responded to the silence with "bueller, bueller....." you`re welcome.
 
Sooo I hope everybody is just mighty swell this week!
 
Honestly, this week was great. Seriously no amazing crazy experiences, but it was still a great week because I`m in the work of the Lord.
 
We are working really hard to try and find some new investigators because except for a few, we had to leave several that weren`t progressing. But it`s been awesome because we`ve been talking to everybody!....and mostly finding references for other people. Haha.
 
But that`s one of the things i love about missionary work: you have the opportunity to talk to SO many different kinds of God`s children. Just seeing the smile on somebody`s face as they walk away from talking to you is ​enough to make your whole day.
 
Nelson is doing so well! Haha is is such a crazy little old man. We went to him with our ward mission leader, Sebastian, who is a TOTAL boss, and it was one of the most entertaining lessons I`ve ever had. Mostly because sometimes, Nelson just says funny things. And he for some reason thinks it`s hilarious whenever we pull out our agendas, and just goes into a fit of laughter. When we`re by ourselves we can usually keep ourselves together, but what made it worse was that Sebastian kept making faces in response and holding back from laughing....so that killed us too. Haha it`s always a good time with Nelson and Sea-bass! But at the end, we managed to pull ourselves together and invite a really strong Spirit, where Sebastian bore a truly powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon. I love working with members, especially when you can just sit back and let them take the part of the work. All of the Saints here have such powerful testimonies with such a fire. I love it!
 
So I`m having the best luck in the world with health here in Artigas. Calm down everybody (mom), I`m fine. Saturday was just some serious serious stomach issues that kept me in bed all day. But RELAX, we went to the doctor, they stuck me with an IV, and I was good! Although, fun fact about Uruguay: they don`t know how to put in needles very well. Haha we`ll just leave it at that. But let`s just say that I LOVE the Hermanas that I live with, including my companion. Like, a lot.
 
Funniest story ever for the week:
 
We were with Florencia and her friend Bruno, and they had me say the closing prayer. We had shared with them a Mormon Message, and so in my prayer, I meant to say "we`re are thankful we could share this video with them." The word in Spanish for video is the same: video. And then the word for NOODLE in Spanish is this: fideo. So because Bruno is hilarious and already had me laughing, I couldn`t speak very well, and instead said "we are thankful we could share this fideo." And from there, the prayer was just...yeah. And now Bruno calls me fideo. Haha it was too funny!
 
So, that`s really it for this week. Sorry! Not too crazy, but always enjoyable. Because I`m a part of the greatest work on earth, in the best country on earth, sharing the best THING on earth: this glorious and marvelous Gospel of Jesus Christ. So, it`s joyful no matter what!
 
I love you, I love you, I love you!
 
Hermana Dolan
 
P.S. Changes are ALREADY happening again next week. Yikes! where did the time go? So my P Day once again is on Tuesday instead of Monday! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment