Tuesday, June 17, 2014

change change chaaaaaaaaanges.......June 17, 2014

Hey kiddos! So, unbelievable, but yet ANOTHER change has come and gone. I don`t believe it. Time is going by WAAAAAY too fast. Way too fast. 

So, Hermana Sump is peacing out and going to Montevideo! She will definitely be missed her in Artigas. And I`M TRAINING! Haha no, sike, I`m not training. But I`m gettin`something even better! 

HERMANA PARRRIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSS! 

Maybe you guys remember who she is. I knew her in Colonia, we did divisions together. And we are so similar, apart from she is smalltown Wyoming haha. So we always talked about how we would tear it up if we ever got to be companions, and how awesome that would be, but never believed that it would actually happen. So needless to say, I screamed and danced when President called and told me I am going to be with Hermana Paris. Best change evvverrrr! 

I said to Hermana Sump the other day, "why is it that Heavenly Father keeps giving me what I want?" But seriously, gringa trainer, baptized a couple, saw a temple sealing. HERMANA PARIS! You guys, I seriously have no idea why it is that Heavenly Father keeps blessing me so abundantly. I just know that I love Him. Speaking of, HAPPY FATHER`S DAY! I hope everybody took the time to give some thanks to our Father Upstairs, because He is kind of completely the best. 

So besides changes, this week was awesome! 

First of all, on Wednesday, Hermana Sump and I were with Florencia, when she says "if someone wants to get baptized in June or July, what would they have to do?" And we said "well who wants to get baptized?" And she told us BRUNO. Bruno (the one who now calls me Fideo) wants to be baptized! He has some things he has to work through to get there, but we are more than happy to help him! Bruno is awesome. The most sassy 14-year-old boy. He told us the next day that he has seen how much better Flor`s life is since she got baptized, and he wants that. And it`s true! The Gospel really makes life better. 

On Thursday, we had a MISSION conference with BOTH missions! Both of the missions in Montevideo were there! We did a conference with just our mission in the morning, and I got to see EVERYBODY! And then we had all 500 missionaries of Uruguay together to listen to Elder Robbins, from the Presidency of the Quorum of the 70! And it was incredible. He talked a lot about the Spirit and how we aren`t converted through the 5 senses, but through the Spirit. Then he read Alma 5 where it describes the conversion of Alma the Younger. And he pointed out something I had never noticed before, which is that in NO part did Alma say that it was seeing, hearing, feeling the angel that lead to his great change of heart. It was ALL the Spirit. So, there you have it. The Spirit is SO important, and I am constantly trying to seek it. 

Also you guys, as you all know, the World Cup is going on right now. And here down South, World Cup is a SUPER, but I mean SUPER big deal. So we`ve all been wondering what the heck we will do during the hours that Uruguay is playing, because nobody will let us in. So President Smith brought this up at conference, and he says "So, I`ve been praying and thinking a lot about this, and I think the best thing for you guys to do, is got to a member`s house that you think needs your presence....and watch the game of Uruguay." !! You`d think it was the Second Coming, the way everybody got so excited! So, we watched that with Gabriela and Edita and Gaby`s boyfriend. I never watched futbol in my life, and suddenly I`m walking around talking to the members about "what the heck was Forlan doing" and "let`s hope Suarez can play next week." Haha I`m a pro now. Unfortunately....Uruguay lost. Mostly because Suarez couldn`t play and Forlan totally choked. But we`ll see how they do on Thursday against England! It`s a lot harder than Costa Rica though, so we`ll see....okay sorry I`m done now. URUGUAY. President Smith is so rad. 


As with every change, I really learned a lot. Hermana Sump and I learned a lot and grew together and we saw miracles everyday. I am so excited to see what Artigas and the Lord have in store for me this change. For me, and Hermana PARIS! Just know that I love this work with all of my heart and I can`t believe how fast time is going by. Say a little prayer that it slows down because I never want to take this nametag off. 

I love you, I love you, I love you! Until next week! 


Hermana Dolan 

No comments:

Post a Comment