Friday, November 7, 2014

Here we go go go again...............October 27, 2014

....with the other Hermana Barrios! 

haha, you guys, it is so nuts that I have two comps with the same name, and that i`ve served with both of them in the same area. 

Soo Hermana Barrios! Is a CAPA! 

She`s from Guatemala, she`s 23, the oldest companion I`ve ever had, and she just finished her training. But it so doesn`t even seem like it, because she was simply born to be a missionary! She came to the mish super pre trained. She is a SUPER hard worker, with no fear of talking with anyone, and she has a gift with following the spirit. We`ve already started in the search of finding new investigators and I tell you folks, they`re popping up like daisies. I`ll talk about them more as more happens this week! 

Also, she was a hair stylist before she came to the mission, and she brought all of her stuff with her. Soooo maybe my hair will survive the heat! Maybe. 

Speaking of, it is starting to get SO. HOT. Summer is startin`early. I love Rivera and would love to be able to stay here another change after this one, but I also don`t want to die. So we`ll see how the Lord looks at the situation. But for this change, we are going to work our tails off and see some miracles, which we`ve already seen! 

I also wanted to share something about the youth in our ward. They are CAPOS. The Young Women are AMAZING. (like Valentina and Belèn). A couple of months ago, me and the other Hermana Barrios started to help them with their Personal Progress. They still needed to do a project for choice and accountability, so we suggested that they plan a youth dance for the youth in Rivera. And from there, ideas started rolling and they always came to me saying "hey, gringa, what gringa stuff did you guys do in the states?" haha, and the planning began. Between me and the three companions I`ve had since then, we`ve been able to help them plan, decorate, and all that jazz. And last week, the big day finally came! And it was a HUGE success, nobody could believe how many youth, members and a lot of nonmembers, came to the "Under the Sea" dance in the church. The bishop congratulated them and everyone who helped from the pulpit yesterday in church. They were so excited to get to see the fruits of all of their hard work, and get that project signed off! And they told me the other day "Hermana Dolan, when we get our medallion, we`re going to think of you." GAAAAHHHH. I have loved working with the youth here, and it`s proof that the fruits can never be counted in the baptisms. It`s counted in the service and in the heart of doing it. 

Have I mentioned I love it here? Well, I`ll mention again that I love it here. The members keep asking me "you`re STILL here?" haha, and I happily get to respond that I am. Rivera will forever have a special place in my heart. The youth, the new converts, the amazing members, the bishop. They are the greatest people I`ve ever known, fully engaged in this great work, fully following the prophet`s commandment to unite with the missionaries and get to work. I know this work is true. I see it in the change of countenance that occurs in someone`s face as they hear the truth. I always like to say "it doesn`t matter if they accept it or reject it, because I know that they FELT it." Because it`s the truth, and the truth is always felt. 

I love you, I love you, I love you! 


Hermana Dolan 

No comments:

Post a Comment