Monday, October 27, 2014

the mission is full of surprises.........................October 20, 2014

Hey folks! How is everybody? i hope everybody had a great week! 

So I`ll just get to the point, which are changes! So as you know, I`m training Hermana Leiva. So that obviously means that we are staying another change together. Right? Right? WRONG. President called and said "Hermana Dolan, I really hope you can feel the Spirit in this, but I have just really felt like Hermana Leiva is needed somewhere else right now." So, my hija is leaving me!!!!! We were seriously so shocked! She`s going to Salto. Ah, man, what! This change FLEW with her. I learned so much from her and we seriously had such a good time and really grew together. I am going to miss her, but I have definitely learned that the Lord knows what He`s doing, so if President says that he feels like she`s needed someone else, it`s because the Lord needs her in Salto. 

So you won`t believe the name of my next companion....Hermana Barrios. Haha there are only TWO Hermana Barrios in the whole mission and both of them will be my companions. Except this one is from Guatemala! She just finished her training, so I`m comp number 2 for the third time! Rock and roll. I haven`t met her, but her trainer is Hermana Baca, so that automatically means she must be awesome. 

On Wednesday we did Divisions! Which means, we did divisions with Zumeta and Paris! Which means I got to be comps with each of them for a few hours. It was awesome. Even though pretty much all of the lessons planned fell through, it was still a blast. Hermana Paris and I were together all afternoon and the one on one time was really great. 

On Saturday we had another ward talent show. I sang "The Scientist" by Coldplay with Valentina while the bishop`s daughter played the piano. They asked me SUPER last minute so it was just mas o menos, but it`s alright. Haha and for those of you who speak Spanish, the Elders made up their own version of "Bailando" by Enrique Iglesias, called "Predicando." We had to help them with it with throwing props and things like that. It was legit, and I died laughing. Sunday was Hermana Leiva`s last Sunday, and also Elder McRae`s. Elder McRae was here in Rivera for 8 months. It was definitely an emotional sacrament meeting for everybody. They are both REALLY great missionaries. I loved being able to be Hermana Leiva`s first mom, and I really enjoyed sharing a ward with Elder McRae and Neilson, and I learned a lot from them. I love the friends made in the mission, it`s one of my favorite parts. 

So anyway....that`s about it for this week. NORMA CAME TO CHURCH. First time we had seen her in a while because her daughter was in Montevideo. Perfect timing for Hermana Leiva! Keep her in your prayers. 

So anywho, I hope everybody has a great week. I`ll let you know all about how things go with my new comp! 

I love you, I love you, I love you! 

Hermana Dolan 



No comments:

Post a Comment