Friday, November 7, 2014

Happy Halloween!.................November 3, 2014

I know it`s late, but HAPPY HALLOWEEN! And happy end of October. I hope everybody enjoyed my favorite month of the year in the Salt Lake autumn leaves. Halloween was low key here. Nobody celebrates it here in Rivera. Well, almost nobody. Only a handful of kids were out trick or treating and there really aren`t any decorations. Since it was on Friday, that means we had our weekly soccer activity, so that`s what we did. Belèn and Vale lent me and my comp some hats, so I was a witchy princess (it`s hard to explain but that`s what the hat looked like.) 

It was a great week! The rainnnnn came in without warning, which I for once am super grateful for because of the lack of heat. 

So the biggest thing that happened this week was Mirna. We found her on Monday after PDay when we were just going to Family Home Evening and she was working in front of her yard. She talked to us for a bit and said we could go back on Saturday. So on Saturday we went back and taught the Restoration, and she gave an incredible prayer at the end, and told us after "I just feel so full of joy right now. I can`t even describe it." We went back again yesterday to give her The Book of Mormon, and everything that came out of her mouth seriously just made me go "man, God is awesome." She said she had been jumping from church to church but never felt satisfied in any of them, but now she feels like this is it. She talked about this indescribable joy that she`s felt ever since Saturday when she had that lesson with us. And THEN she said "I had read this book a little bit before when I was in the Catholic church, and you know what called my attention? The way it says to do baptism. Because you do it the same way John the Baptist baptized Christ." YES. So we invited her to be baptized the 6 of December, and she accepted. So pray for Mirna that she makes it to December 6! Meanwhile, I`ll also be praying that I stay her in Rivera next change, because the 6 is the Saturday AFTER changes. But either way, God`s got her taken care of.  

She also said "you know why I know this is true? Because the eyes are the window to the soul, and the two of you just shine. It`s something different, and I see in your eyes that it`s true." Capa. 

So anyway, that`s the biggest thing that happened this week. We`re keeping super busy and having a blast. Hna Barrios is awesome! I`ve had some major luck with companions. I`m learning a lot from her and we have a lot of fun.  The only suffering I`ve felt in awhile has come from others not having the desire to repent, because they`re missing out on the joy of coming unto Christ and following Him. But their time will come. 

I love you, I love you, I love you! 


Hermana Dolan 

No comments:

Post a Comment