Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Risen..............................April 14, 2014

Hey, folks! How was your week? Good? Good? Todo bien? 

This week was still rougher than others, but that´s the mission! It was better than last week. I`m a little bit shorter on time today, so I will just cover the high points:

Carolina was visited by the Elders (that´s a whole other can of beans that I am not going to open.) But what they said was awesome was that she said "I don´t know if it will become my turn to become a Mormon" but then, she started crying. Veronica told my companion and I something about Carolina that just broke my heart for her. But Veronica said after "if you guys can help her figure out that the Gospel can heal her, you´ve got yourselves the church´s newest and most faithful member." Well, luckily, that´s what the Gospel does; it heals people! So we´re going to work really hard on her. The thing with Carolina is something really private, which is why I don´t mention it, but I can´t imagine the things she´s gone through. She´s in such a dark place right now, and feels so alone, and she´s looking for the way out. 

Luckily, we know the way out. That way is our Savior. What a blessing we have to know that, and what a blessing I have to be help to help people just like special Carolina to find it. To know the most important thing they could possibly know! So keep her in your prayers. 

We did divisions on Thursday! In the morning I went out with Hermana Enriquez from Ecuador, and in the afternoon with Hermana Paris from Paris....no no, joke, she´s from Wyoming. Ha that was probably my favorite part was with Hermana Paris. We had a blast together (and also talked about how much we miss Hermana Sorenson....love you girl). Miracles always happen with divisions, and it did with them! Hermana Enriquez and Hermana Zumeta had a really fantastic lesson with Teresita. We found out that teaching her with videos is going to be really effective because it makes it so that she doesn´t talk as much. They shared a couple videos about prayer, and Teresita cried and said that she knows that that´s how she can find help. 

yes! It just so happens that YES! 

They also managed to go back to an old investigator, Nelida, and they finally got her to pray! Her memory isn´t very good so she could never do it before, but she did it! So she´s back on as one of our progressing investigators. We went back to her the next day and had a great lesson where we talked more about prayer. And Hermana Paris and I found some great new investigators from contacting! 

Divisions were awesome. I love being able to learn from other missionaries and how they do things. 

BRIAN GOT THE PRIESTHOOD ON SUNDAY! But no, no, it gets better: HE PASSED THE SACRAMENT THAT DAY TOO! You guys, I love him and Angela so much. They are basically my best friends. They are the up that makes the downs in the mission 100% worth it. They are both progressing fantastically. It´s funny because Brian sometimes tries to act all too cool for school like to him it´s no big deal, but then he carries his Book of Mormon around in his backpack on his way to work so that he can read on the bus, and he read all of the scriptures the branch president gave him to read about the Priesthood before Sunday, and everything. And then cute Angela is literally the most receptive, easy to teach person in this world. I love them both! 

Adàn Aquino gave us THREE references last week, and called us last night to tell us to go with him today to visit two of them. Plus, he has found some hidden inactive members and has started to talk to them. Let me put emphasis on the fact that he doesn´t even live in our area; he lives thirty minutes away. If every member could be a member missionary like my Uruguayan dad Adán, the whole world would already be baptized. 

Funny thing Adán said the other day:

First of all, Adán is just the Spanish version of Adam. 
So while we´re walking with him to a lesson with Teresita on Saturday, I go: ¨Hey, did you know that Adam fell that men might be, and men are that they might have joy?"
Adán: "I did. Did you also know that Adam was the happiest man to ever live?"
Me: No, I didn´t. 
Adán: Do you know why? 
Me: Why? 
Adán: Because he didn´t have a mother in law. 

Hahahaha you guys the people here KILL ME. 

This Easter Sunday, I hope we can all remember the Savior and the hope that is found in the knowledge that he rose. I love that. "He is risen." The best statement in the scriptures, if you ask me. In that, I find that we can always start again. The sun will always come out to illuminate the Son, and his happy, smiling face, waiting to welcome us into his loving arms. We can always be forgiven, freed, healed, cleansed, renewed, made joyful, and it´s just like the new Mormon Message says: 

It´s all because of HIM. 

Despite the duller weeks, I always find my hope, and it´s all because of HIM. 

My Savior, Brother, Teacher, Protector, Healer, Comforter, 

Friend. 

I love you, I love you, I love you! 

Happy Easter

Hermana Dolan 

P.S. share this with everyone: 

No comments:

Post a Comment