Monday, April 21, 2014

i think i`ve made it to heaven?!...................April 21, 2014

Hey errbody.....how`s it goin? i hope it`s goin just swell. you should right me and let me know whether it`s going just swell....yes, that`s you. You reading this, right now. Unless your my mom. Then I always know you`ll write me to tell me how things are going. 

Hey mom, you`re pretty rad. 

Sooo I am shorter on time today. BUT as they say down here south, "valiò la pena!" It was worth it! We went with the Elders here in Centro, as well as two other companionships from the areas next to us, and la Flia Aquino (obviously) to this hidden little lake pond water hole that is in the middle of nowhere hidden in the jungle. And it is GORGEOUS. And like, 60 feet deep...no joke. But honestly, it is one of the most beautiful places I`ve ever seen. Shocker, we`re talking about Uruguay here. Anywho, we made choripan....which is chorizo con pan....which okay is just the most amazing sausage in the world, eaten with bread. I know family, yours truly now loves hot dogs and brawtlkghtls (ni idea how you spell that), all thanks to the Uruguayan panchos and chorizos. We made it all caveman style, building our own fire and cooking the sausage on a flat rock. And by we, I mean Adàn, and every now and then told us to add a stick to the fire. But it`s cool. 


Afterwards, Adàn showed us this secret beach. No one was there but us, and it is HUGE. To quote Van from the show "Reba", I think I saw the curviture of the earth! We played futbol and then just sat and talked about how unreal it is that places this beautiful exist. Oh, and my companion and I, under pressure from the Elders, wrestled in the sand. I won. 

I don`t think I`ve ever felt so close to Heaven, besides the temple and baptisms. And newborn babies. Other than that, never been this close. 

Okay so this week was pretty rockin`! We set a lot of goals last week to help us be EXACTLY obedient. It worked. We had 25 lessons (an average in Colonia is like 15), and were able to work with a lot of members this week, too! It was awesome! 

AND. Best part ever. We went to Teresita this week with President Figares. We got there, and her friend Hugo was there. He stayed during the lesson as we taught about the Book of Mormon. And he was SUPER receptive! Like, crazy receptive. Then, we went back on Saturday and taught the Restoration. We invited him to say the closing prayer, and in it he said "God, I`ve tried a bunch of different religions, but these girls have touched my heart and I know these things they`ve said are true. I know this is true." WHAT! Miracle! P.S. Just to clarify, it was the SPIRIT that touched his heart. How great is the Spirit, eh?! Also, when we went back on Saturday, Teresita had already read the first few chapters of 1 Nephi in just two days! What rockstars are these two. Seriously miracles. 


We had a lot of great first lessons with some contacts we had made before, so we`ve got some great new investigators! 

Carolina was in Montevideo all week for Holy Week. We`ll see her this week, though! P.S. Here, Holy Week is also vacation week for schools and work off for a lot of people. If only we had that back home.

Sunday was District Conference....which is Stake Conference, except Colonia only has branches, and it`s only a District. But it`s the same thing, which means President Smith came and spoke! It was awesome. A bunch of our less actives managed to go. President Smith is a rockstar. A common problem in Uruguay is that people get offended SUPER easily and then they`ll go inactive. It`s kind of sad. So, President Smith in the adult meeting taught ALL about the Plan of Salvation. And then, at one point, he said "who wants to become like Jesus Christ and live with them again? Who wants to keep their second estate?" And naturally, everyone raised their hands. And so he said "Then DON`T. get. offended. anymore! If you want to be like Jesus Christ, come to church for him!" It was awesome.

Mostly, all I can say is that I`m just in love. I love the people here, they are seriously my family. If ya`ll could throw a shout out to the Big Man Upstairs for me so that I can stay one more change in Colonia, that`d be great. 

I love the people here, and all of God`s beautiful creations, and the Gospel, and the Savior, and the mission. It`s going by so fast, I can`t even believe it. 

Sooo anyway, I love you, I love you, I love you! 

Hermana Dolan 

No comments:

Post a Comment