Thursday, April 10, 2014

have we not to be grateful for?..............April 7, 2014

I´ll answer that question for you.....YES. 

How awesome was conference you guys? No but really...how stinkin awesome was CONFERENCE? I have never been so sad in my whole life for conference to be over. And to think I used to fall asleep during it....i mean what...... my SLC looked as beautiful as ever and I hope you´re all enjoying the crap out of living in Zion, because it is most people´s dreams here to go there and most never will. So.....reason number one to be grateful. 

I really don´t have many things to report for this week. These past two weeks have been long and hard. We have no investigators that are really progressing and it´s hard to go from a baptism to that. We´ve been wandering and I feel like i´m not doing enough. But we got a lot of references and I know at least one of them is prepared for this amazing Gospel.  AND I know the Lord´s just pushing us to do more, and blessings always come as we overcome obstacles! It´s just like Elder Uctdorf said:

"To be grateful doesn´t mean we are pleased with our circumstances, but it means that with eyes of faith we see the blessings that the Lord has waiting for us." 

The other thing that made this week particularly hard was this: We walked past Mary´s (my Urugayan Mom´s) house on our way to a lunch appointment. We hadn´t seen her in a few days because she wasn´t home. She calls inside and we go in and everything is in boxes. That´s when she tells us she and her family are moving to Montevideo :( It was really sudden because of a problem at Ariel´s, her husband´s, work. She told us she only found out a couple of days ago. One of her sons, Rodney....lurpy, crazy, always teasing Rodney....had already left. And we didn´t get to say goodbye! Mary just started bawling as she told us, and as I held her, it really felt like watching my Mom cry. But she has incredible faith. She wiped her tears and said "I know the Lord won´t abandon us. He never has and He never will. I know He has a reason for us to have to go, even though it´s hard. You have to promise me you will always move forward, no matter what. And when you get married and have kids, I want to meet them. please?" She is incredible. No one from Uruguay has a place in my heart like Mary, probably because she is SO much like Barb. She´s moving to the part of Montevideo that´s in the other mission, but that´s just more motivation for me to come back after my mission. She, just like my mom at home, has taught me to have faith and always trust in the Lord and move forward. They move on Friday, so we still have a few days left. Ever since the first time she met me and said "awww flacita (skinny girl), poor thing!" She has always called me her Flacita. She hugged me tight and said "I will never forget you, Flacita. Never. And I know we will see each other again." I´m said to see her go, especially when I always planned on me being the one to have to leave her, but I know we will too! And I am so thankful to the Lord for letting me meet and learn from my sweet Mamà. And who knows, maybe the Elders where she´s going will be the ones her husband needs to finally get baptized so that they can be an eternal family. 

Plus, Daniel rejected the band offer, so they´re still on the right track to an eternal family! 

And, Brian and Angela are still completely awesome. Brian had told us he would have to work both days of conference and not be able to come, but he called in sick on Sunday at last minute so that he could come to the afternoon session! And he showed up in a shirt and tie! They are my best friends and I love them. 

I am happy! Even when I have weeks like this, I still know I´m in the Lord´s work and I´m in His beautiful little Uruguay, the best little piece of of the universe. I am sad to think of how quick the mission is going, but happy that I am here. i hope you never doubt it! 

Also, I sure the heck hope you´re all gonna go buy a Preach My Gospel and then become an awesome member missionary! Give out references, and talk to everyone! 

i love you, I love you, I love you! 

Hermana Dolan 


No comments:

Post a Comment