Tuesday, March 25, 2014

settle in folks, it's dunking time!.................March 25, 2014

COLONIA! 

Haha, shocker. 

No but really, we were both so surprised. Why? Because we are BOTH going to stay. 

It really was a surprise because it is SUPER rare for companions to stay together more than two changes; especially sisters. But, President Smith told us that since we get along great and are having success, he wasn't ready to split us up. So Hermana Zumeta and I are staying together for a third change! No crazy twist surprise changes folks, haha sorry. 

But anyway, now let's get to the important stuff! 
Wednesday was awesome! We had set up an appointment with a former investigator and invited a member named Julio to come with us. But (shocker) the appointment fell through. So as we're trying to go through our minds to decide where to go instead, Julio goes "let's talk to those women at that bus stop." So we go over and start talking to them. Questions start about the church and everything, and then Julio tells them where the church is. Then they both go "we've always wanted to look inside that church but it's always been locked! It's so beautiful!" So we invite them to go with us right then and they say "HECK yeah!" Okay so not exactly like that.....haha they were two old ladies. But we gave them a tour of the church while talking ABOUT the church, and invited them to find out more. One, Silva, was more receptive than the other, because the other was SUPER Catholic and couldn't understand why we don't worship Mary and Joseph. But we set up an appointment with Silva this week. Yay for Julio Porley! 

That same day, we had the Family Home Evening with Veronica and her friend Carolina, the one who was at Vero's house the week before and seemed interested. Well slowly people kind of just started inviting themselves.....Elder and Hermana Figares.....Mary....the Elders....so we knew we couldn't teach lesson 1, especially because Carolina had told us she didn't want it to be anything heavy. So we decided to share a Mormon Message, and while thinking about which one, we decided on "Forgiveness lifted my burden," the one about Chris Williams, the man whose wife and two kids were killed by a teenage drunk driver. It talks a lot about the Atonement and Forgiveness. We didn't think it would be TOO heavy.....but turns out Carolina was in tears the entire time. After watching it, she told us she has somebody who really hurt her, but it's just not easy. We talked to her about the strength the Savior can bring to her. Veronica commented and said "I've always been a believer that everything happens for a reason, but especially today. I don't know what it was that made the Hermanas decide to show this video and talk about this topic, but it was exactly what my friend needed to hear." The Spirit as SO strong, and it is so cool to be able to be an instrument in the Lord's hands to bring a message that someone needs to their heart.

And then, after Mary and the Figares left, I don't even remember what it was we were talking about, but Carolina starts laughing. And you guys, her laugh is the BEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD. Hahaha it's like a cartoon! We died laughing, but then what made it better, was that I don't know how many of you have heard my laugh when I laugh so hard I can't breathe, but basically nothing comes out but a squeal. So then everyone starts laughing at my laugh. Well my laugh makes Carolina laugh harder, and then her laugh made me laugh harder, and then we all just laughed until we were literally crying. It went on for like 20 minutes. I don't think I've ever laughed that hard. So great. 


I love the mission. 

Pray for Carolina that we can help her progress! Por fas. 

Okay so anyway, best part! 

We had a BAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSMMMM. 

They finally got D U N K E D. 

Brian and Angela got baptized! It was so wonderful. They were both so happy! P.S. Angela has a huge fear of water....that was fun. Haha but she got through it like a champ and they were both confirmed official members of the church on Sunday! It was also awesome because they had asked Elder Gomez, the one who started teaching them with his companion when they were living in General, to baptize. Elder Gomez had had 3 changes without any real progressing investigators because El General (pronounced like an H") is a hard area, and finally he got to see the fruits of his labors. Little Elder Gomita was so excited! 

You guys, I really cannot describe to you the miracle that they are. When we met them, Brian very adamantly said he did NOT believe in God. He didn't have any faith. Nothing. He told us that the first two or three times. But we knew better, so we pushed. With time, his answers turned to an "I don't know," until they became a "yes." Both he and Angela are racing on reading the Book of Mormon now. They've already got like a gazillion friends within the branch, because they're awesome, and in a year, they'll be able to become an eternal family. I love them. Angela is so sweet and humble, and Brian just teases me relentlessly. Watching their progression has been amazing. MIRACLES ARE REAL! 

I am so grateful that the Lord touches the hearts of His children, so that they can have a change of heart, and, like Brian and Angela, take their first step to His Eternal Presence. 

Always remember, no matter what your circumstances may be or what dreams you think you can't achieve or who you think you can't become, with the Lord, EVERYTHING is possible. I knew it before, but I didn't truly know it until i came out here. And for that, I can't even explain my gratitude! 

I love Colonia and I am so glad I get to stay here with Zumetita. 

I love you, I love you, I love you! 

Hermana Dolan 


No comments:

Post a Comment