Wednesday, July 30, 2014

TU HAS CUMPLIDO UN AÑO MAS.............JULY 21, 2014 20th Birthday!!!!!!

Guys, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. 

It´s so rockin to have my birthday on my P Day. This morning, my rockin companion made pancakes. Unfortunately, syrup doesn´t excist in this country, but I have discovered that blueberry jam and powdered sugar are a delicous replacement. And peanut butter. So the 6 of us thoroughly enjoyed that. 

We had planned to go to this buffet in Brasíl, but as it´s towards the end of the month and we are poor missionaries, I went for the more typical Megan option: simple. So, we made 3 boxes of my Kraft Mac n´Cheese and ate this things that are like tater tots except a lot better. And we ate them in those birthday hats that SOMEBODY sent me....yeah guys, my mom is seriously the coolest. But it´s been a super fun day. Chillin with my best friends, which of course includes my rockin´comp. Also wonderful birthday present: 

A NAP.

 Those never happen on p days in that house because normally everybody is so loud. But some birthday miracle happened to day, and for the first time EVER the other hermanas told each other to be quiet when they saw that I was falling asleep. And I didn´t even say anything. Rock and roll. 

And tonight we´ll be doing a family home evening with one of my fav families, La Familia Fernandez. 

I can´t believe I´m no longer a teenager. It´s all downhill from here. Just kidding.....maybe. 

So guys, this was a rockin´week! 

On Wednesday, Florencia decided to do a birthday party for her bird....I would judge her but that 100% sounds like something I would have done when I was 14. So we did that, and took advantage of that fact that Bruno was there and did a family home evening type thing. We did this really fun game that I am definitely going to teach to every single one of you when I´m home because it´s awesome. It´s a game that´s related to the Spirit, and so that´s what we talked about. It was AMAZING. And Flor bore an amazing testimony to Bruno. And my favorite part was that during the lesson said "I did what you taught me Hna Dolan. Last week I was feeling sad about my uncle who died last year, and so I said a prayer and felt a lot better." And he cried when he said that. HE CRIED. Bruno! It was so cute! I seriously love him. He is reading and praying, and still being the sassy Bruno who calls me Fideo that I know and love. 

On Thursday, we did a trio with Hermana Ramos from Guatemala! Fun fact: ALL people from Guatemala are seriously the best people ever. No really there is not one missionary from Guatemala here that is not amazing. We were going to do divisions, but there were some complications with an hermana who had just gotten a foot surgery and had to stay inside, and so we did a trio. It was a great day! The best part of the day was when we went and taught the Plan of Salvation to Edita. The Spirit was SO thick. and it was a perfect lesson for her because of her husband who passed away so recently. It was weird to teach between 3 that day for the first time since my trio in the MTC, but I loved it! And Hna Ramos is an amazing missionary who I truly learned a lot from that day. 

To finish, I just wanted to say how much I love the Book of Mormon. Especially Alma. Especially Alma 26. This week has been a LOT better, and although the area is still hard, I have been striving to look at it through the perspective of Ammon, who said the following words:


27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about toturn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongstthy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thineafflictionsand will give unto you success.

The Lord completed his promise to them: 

 31 Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors;and are they few? say unto you, Nay, they are manyyea, andwe can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towardstheir brethren and also towards us.


Their fruits are MANY. And that can happen, no matter where we are, because: 

 37 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people,whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy,and my great thanksgiving; yea, and will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.


I too give thanksgiving to my God forever, for where He has placed me and for all of the challenges and joys and amazing people He has led me to here in Uruguay. I believe in His promises and I believe in the joy He promises as long as we choose to follow His Son. 

I love you, I love you, I love you! 

FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS A MI. 

Hermana Dolan 

No comments:

Post a Comment