Monday, May 12, 2014

Home to Home May 12, 2014

Hey errbody! So before anything, HAPPY MOTHER`S DAY YESTERDAY TO ALL MOMS. You guys are the best. But especially my mom. She`s like, the best of the best. And also, everybody go watch Alex Boye`s video called "Roar" (cover by the song by Katy Perry). Those are some pretty rockin`mommy bloggers (one in particular ;)). 

So, as you have all figured out now, I am now in ARTIGAS!!!!! 

Leaving Colonia was literally the hardest thing I`ve ever had to do. Seriously, of all trials that the mission brings....that one`s the hardest. Veronica and her kids, Carolina, the Elders and Brian and Angela showed up at the bus station to say goodbye. Carolina and I hugged and cried for a good five minutes when it was time to go. I had said goodbye to Brian and Angela first and her last, but right before getting on the bus, I turned around to wave one last time to the two of them....and Brian was leaned up against the wall, with tears streaming down his face. Leaving them all was so, so hard, but they have the Lord and they know that now. He`ll take good care of all of them, and we`ll be friends for eternity. :)

And now I`m in ARTIGAS! I´m with Hermana Sump. She is from Lehi, Utah and she graduated in 2013, and she just barely finished her training. She is great! 

Artigas is awesome too! Presidente Bueno and his family are the GREATEST EVER. Ever. There are a lot of people to teach here, so we`ve always got something to do, which is what I like. It makes planning for the days a lot less stressful. I`m still getting to know things here, so I really don`t have a whole lot to say haha sorry. Espinozita (the Elder I worked with in Colonia) is now my District Leader! So that`s pretty awesome. 

The people here are really warm and open. The ward, although it is a WARD....gah so many people were at church. It freaked me out a little bit to go from a branch. But it still needs a lot of work and help. We have a goal to double church attendance, so I`m excited to have a lot to do. 

The past few days in my study, I`ve been trying to figure out why I had to leave Colonia. I really wanted more than anything to have another change there. But then, I read in Jesus the Christ (I`m super sorry, I really don`t remember what page or which chapter in Matthew it sites), where it talks about how Christ leaves Caupernaum to teach in the neighboring cities. Everybody wants Him to stay, but He says He has to go from city to city to preach His Gospel. Christ knew the importance of EVERY person receiving the Gospel. It`s some other people`s turn to help more people in Colonia, and it`s my time to always carry the people there in my heart, but also recognize that there are people here in Artigas who need the Gospel just as much. I was going back through my journal from my first couple of weeks in Colonia, and I was really scared and had even written "I hope the Lord makes this my home." And He did in ways I never imagined. So I trust that Artigas will have the same effect on me, and I am ready to get to work here! 

I`ll probably have more to say next week and after that. But until then, 

I love you, I love you, I love you! 

Hermana Dolan 




No comments:

Post a Comment