Monday, January 27, 2014

"we`re not driving all this way just so you can by one of those stupid ties with santa clause on it?" January 27, 2014

that quote mostly popped into my head because we did a LOT of pointless walking back and forth this week....due to some miscommunication with the Elders.  Haha bless their hearts. 

Hey hey hey, everybody ! 

How was everyone`s week? Guess what, I got a computer with a question  mark. Guess what else....I got a computer whose space butt on has random seizures. Soooo bare with me here .                                                                         

 This week was a lot of fun! It was harder as far as not seeing many of our investigators, but we have one goooooolden one so it`s okay! 

First off, on Wednesday we did Divisions with Hermana Simpson and Hermana Smith! Hermana Smith is President Smith`s daughter. She`s deciding  whether to go on a mission, so this change she`s bee n a mission ary with the nametag and all! They both came to our area, and Hermana Smith went with Hna Zumeta a nd Hna Simpson came with  me. Aaaand guess what you guys? Like, no one was home. Did they all say they would be ho me? Ye s, they did. But not one was home. Haha it `s cool, Hermana Simpson and I did a lot of contacting. And you guys, she`s incredible! Seriously. She`s been out 10 months. She has an incredible test imony and love for the people. With this one guy we contacted, he said "I`m not  interested. You don`t need a religion to speak to God." And almost closed the door. Then Hermana Simpson goes "you`re right." And he `s like "whaaaaa" haha and we end up talking to him for like half an hour and by the time we le ft he accepted the pamphlet  he had refused at the beginning and   said we could come back.  Just listen to people, peeps. They all have something to teach us, and this Gospel has something to teach them. But anyway, Hermana Simpson is quirky like I am and we were both pretty stoked to have somebody who recognized quotes from Lizzie McGuire from literally ten years ago haha.  She also enjoyed the fact that I called an Elder a turd the other day. She was like "I haven`t heard that in forever!".....so thanks Dad hahahahha you can tell I`m a Dolan. 

We also had an awesome family home evening that night with all four of us and a less active family in our ward. Her husband left for Guatemala for his job, so we just did a "girl`s night" with her and her daughters and talked about how we are daughters of God, and then gave her the commitment to go to church. Folks, this is a commitment that they haven`t accepted in months . And guess what....she accepted. ANd guess what else....SHE CAME TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY. I cannot describe the joy that comes when you see someone you love and care for walk into the chapel for the first time in who knows how long. Hermana power! What joy , and hopefully when her husband comes home, her example will bring him back too.  But it was a great day of divisions. I really learned a lot from Hermana Simpson and I love her and Hermana Smith so much!  

 Thursday we were helping the Elders move into their mansion....I mean house. But seriously you guys, their new house is so nice. Haha we`re not bitter or anything. So anywho, the Binghams, aka the best couple missionaries en el mundo, came up from Montevideo to help out and buy the rest of the furniture. Hermana Zumeta and I had to go to  head the Movie Night activity the four of us had planned, but then we get a call from the Elders around 8:45 that says "is the movie night almost done? we have an emergency. Come outside as soon as you can." So the movie night ends, and  we go outside to see our Elders (E Espinoza y E Trucolo),   the Elders from the other area, and the Binghams with big smiles on their faces! And the Binghams say "get in, we`re taking you to dinner!" And take us to the nicest restaurant in Centro, where we ate huuuuuge chivitos that tasted like heaven! You guys, I LOVE THE BINGHAMS.  It was the best! 

Remember Mariana, the woman we found when her little boy yelled "hola" to us like three weeks ago? We finally found her again when she was home on Saturday. SHe was straight up with us and said she likes to have us over because she likes us and we`re great with her son, but she`s not interested in finding out more about the church. That was a little bit of a bu mmer,  but at the same time, when she told us, I was totally calm. WE told her we would still pass by and b e her friends. I really thin k she will come in her time, but for now , we need to be just that....her friends.  She will come eventually! 

Maria, perfect little Maria , is still the same. WE`re praying really hard to  know what to do. All of the missionaries have always done the same things with her, and it`s never worked. We`re trying to find a different solution. 

Pretty much everyone else wasn`t home this week, which was also a bummer. 

  GUADALUPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I saved the best for last!   The 14 year old, Guadalupe (gwa -dah-loo-pay), is literally  a Golden Investigator! She comes to all of the activities, she told US she wants to come to church, and WENT, and she leaves for vacation for two weeks, and yesterday we were about to say "make sure you keep reading while you`re gone" but we didn`t even have to. She said "I`m for sure bringing this book with me  to read on the trip"  before we even said anything! I LOVE HER SO MUCH. My soul fills with joy every time I see her.  I told Hna Zumeta I don`t care if I have any baptisms the rest of my mission, if we can just get her there! Her mom is super great too. She says she`s not sure she believes in God, but told us "she`s my daughter, so I pray with her when she says her prayers." Guadalupe also told us she is going to start to come to the activities and maybe even church with her. Through Guadalupe `s example, her mom Cristina and little sister Luciana will eventually come to know , too! You guys, I cannot describe my love. She is literally p e r f e c t.  

So anywho , kind of a weird and crazy week, but I am so happy! It`s not about how many lessons you have or contacts or any of that. It`s about truly loving people, and loving God. And  you guys, I love the people here SO MUCH.  Everyday I just think to myself "I`m walking in Uruguay." And I remember how incredibly incredible my life is, how it`s going way too fast, and how my prayers at night are wayyy too long because of how much gratitude I have to my God for giving me all of it! And of course you guys! thank you so much for all the support! 

 Remember, the sun always rises. I love you, I love you, I love you! 

Hermana Dolan 

No comments:

Post a Comment