Monday, December 30, 2013

"the lights aren`t twinkling, Clark" Dec. 23, 2013

that one`s for my poulsens. Just so ya`ll know that I haven`t forgotten. 

It`s also kind of true: there really aren`t any twinkling lights in Uruguay. Probably because it makes more sense when there`s snow rather than blistering heat. hmmm. hahaaaa just a thought. 

This week was rough investigator wise. Everyone and their dog is gone for the holidays so we haven`t seen much of them lately....including Carol. Plus side, we FINALLY found Andryws, who we haven`t seen in weeks. Woot! So we`re gonna start to come in hot with him because he is so ready. He`s 15 and he`s been in school by day and at the gym by night "getting strong for the ladies." Haha what a charmer. But now he`s done with school, so we can see him more. 

ALTHOUGH, we did see one of our investigators, Karen. She is absolutely incredible and will get baptized as soon as her "husband" will marry her. We`ve given her the goal of March 22 to work towards. He`s really not at all interested in the church, so our focus is just helping her help him to have the desire to at least marry her. This week we watched the movie Finding Faith in Christ with her. I pretty much have that thing memorized now. But it`s incredible. We talked about all of the things Christ did for us. It was the first time I`ve seen Karen cry, and she started talking about how she knows He did all of those things for her, and because of her faith in Him, she has faith that her husband will come around and one day she will have an eternal family. Karen is INCREDIBLE. I absolutely love her. She teaches me so much about faith and patience and trust in the Lord. She also has two of the cutest little boys, who are 4 and 2. I tell her they`re the Uruguayan versions of my nephews. Little crazies, but little cuties. 

Last night, we went caroling with some people in the ward, and Hna Goode and I decided to go to Dorila`s. Dorila is this amazing old lady. She is semi activo, but only because of her health. She`d be there every week if it weren`t for that. Her husband passed away and she lives alone. She has been through SO much in her life, but has unwavering faith in the Lord. I want to cry every time we visit her because of how strong her faith is. Anyway, so we went to sing to her. And she came out and saw all of us, and just started crying. It was so beautiful. THAT was the moment of "Christmas in the mission....worth it." That was when the Lord confirmed to me what I`ve been asking for awhile, which is whether I`m doing enough. But folks, all that is asked of us is that we mourn with those that mourn, and comfort those that stand in need of comforit. We do that, and we`re doing enough. Love the Lord, love others, and love yourselves. Simple as that! It`s so incredible to be in the mission around Christmas. When you don`t care the slightest bit about presents. Just the Savior, and people. People here,and people back home. Trying your best to serve all of them, BECAUSE and THANKS TO the Savior. Wow. No words. 

Never in my life did I know it was possible to love so much. The love I have for the people here, and the love I have for my Savior, is the kind of love that can`t even fit inside my heart. It`s the kind of love that I wouldn`t know if I weren`t here, and if I weren`t here during Christmas time. It`s an incredible kind of love. There are so many miracles every day, big and small, and so many blessings that I have, that are all because He was born. With His very first breath, He saved me. He saved us all. This time of year is so special. Another year...crazy. I can`t believe how much I´ve learned. The relationship I am gaining with my Savior here, as well as with the people here, is something I wouldn`t trade for the world. I love Him. I love the Lord. I love all of you! I am so thankful for the support I have back home. I am so. beyond. thankful. for my family. I`m thankful I have them forever. I`m thankful I get to be in Uruguay and share the gift of the Gospel with others. Uruguay is just one little corner of the universe--unnoticed and perhaps unimportant to the rest of the world--but it is VERY important to me. This special little corner of the vineyard. And the Lord trusts and loves imperfect me enough to have sent me here. Wow. I stand all amazed. 

FAMILY--I CAN`T WAIT TO TALK TO YOU GUYS ON CHRISTMAS. AHHHH. Best present ever. 

Remember, everybody.....THAT THERE`S AN RV. 

I love you, I love you, I love you! May your days be merry and bright, and may all your Christmases be white! 

Hermana Dolan


so we`re walking home from lunch with a member on a sunday afternoon, and this baby horse just walks right up to us! I love this country. 

this is from forever ago haha. not quite as easy as the baby horse. it tried to run away, but i said "not today lamb!" and caught it. victory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment