Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Deeeeeo. De-e-e-o. Dec. 9, 2013

...daylight come and we wanna go home. 

That`s honestly the song that I think of when I think of Montevideo, or Deo. 

OH yeah, and that`s where I am right now! 

How the heck ar ya? How is it only two and a half weeks until Christmas?! Time is going waaaay too fast. 

I got the call on Saturday that the time had come for me to come to Deo and sign my papers for residency. Which literally took five minutes, but then they give you the rest of the day in Montevideo, which is pretty sweet. So that`s where I am right now, in a cyber in Deeeeeo. 

You know what else that meant? That meant I got to see my CCM Elders! I pretty much screamed when I saw Elder Dye. Then almost cried when I saw ELDER TELOMA....then almost cried again when I realized that for the strangest reason, Elder White was the only one who didn`t come. Fooey. 

But, it was so good to see my brothers! Just the boost we all needed. 

Anyway, so this last week was pretty dull, but good! We FINALLY were able to talk to Carol. We didn`t have much time to really get into anything, but we do know that she`s praying and reading. She also told us that she`s been looking for a new school for Sol to go to for forever because she`s been bullied at her current one, but she hasn`t been able to find one. She finally realized she needed to pray and ask for help, and BOOM. Next day, she finds a school for Sol. And she told us "Heavenly Father really does help us." Heck yeah, Carol! But it was in front of your house and the Spirit wasn`t right to talk about a date, so we`re still praying really hard for her and that we`ll get that right opportunity. 

We also had a ward activity on Friday. It was the end of the year/fellowshipping activity, and it was an awesome turn out! And we ate Churipan, which is basically reaaaally great sausage on a bun. So kind of like a braut. I know, fam. Megan Gayle Dolan is going to have come home liking brauts and hot dogs (by the way, I ate two panchos wrapped in bacon in Deo today. I love Uruguay.) But really, so many people came, including a bunch of our investigators! 

Also, so with Yeny (our recent convert`s) daughter, Kati. So Richard, Kati`s boyfriend who`s a member, pulled us aside and told us "I don`t know what happened, but Kati told me today that she feels like she needs to pay her tithing. She`s going to go to church next Sunday." UMMMMM what?! Holy holy holy cow! We`ll see if she`s there next Sunday, but STILL! Kati has only had one of the actual lessons, and she`s decided she wants to pay her tithing?! So Richard told us "her heart is open. Teach her." So we`ve got a lesson with her next week! What a crazy miracle. We`re also going to start teaching her son Alex, who`s 12, and he brought his friend to the activity, so we`ll start teaching him, too. The very day that during weekly planning we were saying "we need more investigators." And BOOM BOOM BOOM! Wow, the Lord is seriously amazing. 

We also ate asado with the bishop of Pueblo Nuevo yesterday. Basically, fantastic barbecued lamb. I think Utah needs to adopt Uruguay. Then my world would be complete. 

In Moroni 7, we are told AND promised:

47 But acharity is the pure blove of Christ, and it endurethcforever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.
 48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, apray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true bfollowers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall cbe like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be dpurified even as he is pure. Amen.


obviously, as a missionary, you can`t be anything if you don`t have charity. A pure, Christlike charity takes a lot of work. It`s the biggest thing I`m working on. We forget that we are PROMISED help from the Lord to be filled with the pure love of His Son, if we will ask. He is answering my prayers and filling me with such a love. I have also found an unfailing formula for charity: before you go to judge a person when you look at them, imagine them embracing Jesus Christ. It`s impossible not to look at someone with a lense of love when you picture them in the loving embrace of their Redeemer, tears streaming down their face as their burden is lifted in His love. Impossible! 

I`m thankful for the pure love of the Savior. I`m thankful He loves such a goofy, crazy, emotional, imperfect person as I, and I`m thankful that my Lord has trusted me with the delicate task of telling others of such a love He has for them. I`m thankful for the faith and selflessness of the people of Uruguay, despite all of their afflictions. I`m thankful to be a missionary! I wouldn`t be anywhere else! 

Anybody invited someone to church yet? Get on it! Only two weeks until Christmas! 

Thank you all for all the support! The Church is true and I love you! I love you, I love you! 

Hermana Dolan 



No comments:

Post a Comment