Monday, March 23, 2015

Here Am I..................March 16, 2015

Heyyyy kiddos! How is everybody? How was your week? mine was good, as are all of them! I did divisions with Hna Reed and her "daughter" Hna Valenzuela from Mexico. She is the cutest ever! I was with her all afternoon. It was a great divisions. The four of us had a really amazing study where we talked about Missionary Work and the Atonement. How grateful I am to have had the opportunity to get to experience the Atonement, come to know, come to love it, and come to let it change me. Even more grateful I am to have been able to walk even a tenth of the path that the most perfect human walked. 


RenĂ© is still going strong! We taught him tithing this last week, and also Word of Wisdom. He accepted tithing immediately and already has zero problems with the word of wisdom, and kept saying "how amazing that you`ve come to share this with me and these beautiful blessings." He is so prepared. A serious miracle. We also had 123 people in church!!!!! A total record. Our goal going into the beginning of the year was to get it up to 115 (it was around 80 and 90 normally). We`ve gotten to that once or twice, and this last week beat it! It was amazing. Together with the Elders, the bishop, and the other ward leaders, we`ve been working really hard to build unity and get "all of the strength of the house" to get to work in the rescue, and the results have been so rewarding! I am in love with this ward. It is such a pleasure to be here. 

In 1 Samuel 3:16, it says: 

That the Lord called Samuel: and he answered, Here amI.

I love the simplicity of this scripture! The Lord called Samuel, and Samuel answered the call. I hope that everytime the Lord has called me, I have answered, simply and boldly "HERE AM I." I hope to never miss a call from Him. In this scripture, Samuel didn`t even realize it was the Lord speaking to Him, but He answered anyway. Many times, we may not be sure whether it`s the Spirit speaking to us or not, but whenever it`s a call to do good, we should always have the answer "Here Am I." Many times we won`t know WHY the Lord is calling us. Samuel simply heard his name, and answered, without knowing the reason for the call. We won`t know the Lord`s reasons behind everything, but when "the Lord called Megan",

 I hope until the day I die that it can be said of me "and she answered, Here am I." 

I love you, I love you, I love you! Talk to you next week! 

Hermana Dolan 


No comments:

Post a Comment