Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Hey errbody.................February 24, 2015

So first thing is first....Hermana Gruden is leaving :( I`m honestly not too happy about it and neither is she, but I know that it`s for a reason. She`s going to be serving in Montevideo, and the Hermana whose place she is taking is coming here with me. Her name is Hermana Caquias, which may sound Latina, but she`s American haha. She`s actually from Hermana Gruden`s group. One of my other companions, Hna Sump, trained her for a change, and then another Hermana finished her training and she`s coming from being with her to be with me. So basically....I`m the "bottle breaker" again! (that`s apparently what it`s called when you`re the companion after someone`s "Mom"). Fifth time going strong! So she is my official assassin. I`m sure it`ll be awesome! My ELEVENTH companion. 13 in total, if you count my companions from the MTC. That`s 13 people I have to keep track of the rest of my life. That`s a lot of work! Haha no just kidding it`s awesome. They`re all different and all amazing, and I`m thankful I was able to learn from so many people. I LOVVVVEEEEEEE Hermana Gruden. She is my best friend and I am SO thankful for the amazing change we were able to have together. She is an incredible missionary and I know she will kill it in Montevideo and the rest of her mission. I am so thankful for her. 

On Thursday I got to do divisions with Hermana Petty. She is just now finishing her training. She is amazing! And she has had some similar challenges that I had during my training, so it was really rewarding to be able to use what I learned during those challenges and help her apply them. But she really is an incredible missionary, even if she doesn`t recognize it! 

On Saturday, we had this A M A Z I N G conference with 5 of our zones and Elder Viñez of the Seventy. It was my last conference :( Which I didn`t think would hit me, but when we started singing our mission song (yep, we`re so cool that we have a mission song), called "Hoy es el Dia", I just started bawling. I love my mission, and I love THIS mission, and I am so blessed to have been able to be a part of it. During a part of the conference, Elder Viñez asked some of us to share our feelings on the Atonement. No discussion about doctrine or anything like that....just pure feeling, and how it has helped us become better people and better missionaries. I shared my testimony, and I just became so overwhelmed with gratitude for the powerful effect the Atonement has taken in my life during this year and a half. It has changed me completely, and carried me through the most difficult times. I love my Savior and I love His Atonement. 

The coolest part was that after the conference, we got to watch Meet the Mormons! JK, everybody ELSE got to watch Meet the Mormons, while the Zone Leaders and Hermana Training Leaders had a "counsel" with Elder Viñez for an hour and a half. I definitely got the better end of the deal :) He truly is called of God. The Spirit was SO strong in that meeting, and I felt so strengthened and uplifted and inspired. I am thankful for Elder Viñez. He`s amazing! 

Other than that was a lot of other miracles and blessings, just like what happens every week. I mean, it`s the mission! And I love it :)

I love you, i love you, i love you! 

Hermana Dolan 


No comments:

Post a Comment